Tuesday, October 19, 2021

My Week with The Good Night Show: Sprout Stretches

 


Another popular part of The Good Night Show was the Sprout Stretches segment, in which Nina would teach her "Sproutlet friends" (real kids on set) a new stretch.

The stretch poem was "I'm a little Sprout now, but just watch me grow. Up, up, up I go. I stand on my tiptoes and reach high through the air. Now I’ve got a Sprout stretch that I’d like to share."

At first, Melanie and later Nina would do the stretches by themselves.

In the third season, Nina would mostly do yoga poses, even though they were still called "stretches."

In the fourth season, Sproutlets joined Nina in stretches, which were often based on Sprout characters. This is probably why this segment was called "Sprout Stretches."

When the main setting was changed to the You and Me Tree in 2011, Nina would still do stretches in the Goodnight Garden, with each segment started by real kids calling her down. Starting with the eighth and final season, the blankets in the garden were removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...