Friday, November 5, 2021

The Great Sprout Survey: Madeline "Maddie" Fretz

 Introducing a new series called The Great Sprout Survey! In this series, you're going to choose your favorite Sprout-related moments and whatnot and tell us why. If you’d like to participate, please email me at @energeticjustinmaddiellabie@gmail.com. I’ll start with mine!

Answers from Madeline "Maddie" Fretz

What's your favorite Sprout show and why?


Either Sesame Street or The Chica Show, but the former has been part of my life ever since I was born. Sesame Street is unique because it's like school on TV, and there has been nothing else like it. Both shows are about "nice" things, educating the world through funny storylines and quirky characters. Sesame and Chica will be fun to watch until the end of days.

What's your favorite Sprout programming block and why?


As the world's biggest Sprout fan, they're all very near and dear to my heart, The Sunny Side Up Show a little moreso, because it launched five days after my birth, and has been part of my life ever since I started watching Sprout. I was scared of Sunny when I was a Sproutlet, but kept my cool as time went by, and started sending in stuff to Sprout. I don't know if they were on TV, since I was way past Sprout's target age at the time.. I also like The Good Night Show - who doesn't love The Good Night Show? I remember watching it on TV several times, and will say it worked - it was gentle, unique, and made Sprout stand out in a crowd of children's channels that signed off by 6PM.

Name your three favorite Sprout characters and why


  • Chica - She may be hard to understand, but I can definitely understand what she says through her squeaks, and was pretty much the embodiment of The Sunny Side Up Show in the Sunshine Barn era.
  • Nina and Star - How could you not love either of those two? A picture of the duo SIGNED by Michele Lepe lives in my closet, in between my room and the attic.
  • Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street - My spirit animal (or grouch). I sometimes tell people to "SCRAM!" like him.
If you could tell the Sprout people one thing, what would it be?

Two words: "Thank you."

What is your favorite Sprout memory?

I have so many memories, I wrote them down all in one post on this very blog. I also remember watching Sprout and The Good Night Show at a friend's (Lori, I believe her name was) house in early 2015 (I think it was the first time I ever watched Sprout Control Room), going on Sproutonline.com in preschool and watching Sunny Side Up Show videos, playing on Sproutonline.com and the Games and Videos app, Carly Ciarrocchi and Chica singing "We're a Couple of Cowgirls" before Ruff-Ruff, Tweet, and Dave, watching Sprout's Wiggly Waffle and the one and only broadcast of 2011's live A Sweet Goodnight Treat.

In your opinion, what is the worst Sprout show, block, or production ever made?

A lot of the third generation, especially Sprout House. It was terrible. It wasn't even close to the magic of Sprout's earlier programming. 

If you had a picture taken with a Sprout character, who would it be and why?


You can tell who I'd choose judging by this picture I made. LOL!

Favorite piece of Sprout merchandise you own? (Feel free to post a picture)

I owned the aforementioned signed Michele Lepe pic, a Chica doll, and a Chica Show DVD, which are all in my closet. The latter two I got from the Tooth Fairy after my last baby tooth fell out this year. I’m too shy to include pictures.

Click here to watch The Good Night Show at a friend's house on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...