Friday, December 24, 2021

The Time I Hosted The Sunny Side Up Show

 


Madeline Fretz - From 2012 to 2018, I went to Mary Munford Elementary School in Richmond, the "finest school in the galaxy." What set Munford apart from other schools is we had our rooms and classrooms as "countries" (my Kindergarten classroom was the USA, my first grade classroom was Nigeria, my second grade classroom was Kenya, my third grade classroom was Spain, my fourth grade classroom was Ireland, and my fifth grade classroom was Italy), held events such as Spooky Saturday, a Halloween party and the Snowball Dance, a winter party which had different themes, and had fun plays or musicals. 

We also had a live morning show called MMTV (Mary Munford Television) (channel 2) "where kids make the news" and "the television station your parents want you to watch." It was a news show hosted by students that had the Pledge of Alligence, important information on both Munford and the world, weather reports, shoutouts, cafeteria menus, and was bookended by slideshows of Munford pictures set to pop music (the only one I can remember was the one with One Direction’s “Story of My Life,” which contained pictures of Munford’s beginnings). Sometimes even the teachers or staff hosted. We watched it every morning.

My sisters and I hosted or appeared on the show occasionally, and I was on several times. The above picture is of me hosting the show with a kid my age named Patrick Kemp. Either my mom or dad recorded the broadcast from one of the classrooms (maybe the Spanish classroom?).

We don’t have a video of the broadcast despite having a picture, but we do have a video of when my sister Ella hosted, which was also the day Abbie said the Pledge of Allegiance on.

Image from YouTube

Anyways, this is the Sprout-related part. Given that MMTV was live, hosted, and had weather reports and shoutouts, I'd say it was our answer to The Sunny Side Up Show. I’ve always wanted to host or at least appear on Sunny (I submitted content to Sunny and Sprout in general several times, but I don’t know if they got on since I didn’t watch). But there the similarities end. The thing is, unlike The Sunny Side Up Show, MMTV didn’t have a Chica-like character, we talked about real world things instead of having weekly themes, and the set was fairly simplistic. Just curtains and an American flag. Another thing: SSU had Jenny Slate and Keke Palmer, MMTV had Junya Uchida.

Anyways, this was a nice show reminiscent of The Sunny Side Up Show and probably my only time on TV (at least for now). Lemme close with a little modern day MMTV video probably taken during the coronavirus lockdown era.


Click here to be on TV on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...