Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sprout movie?

 

The poster for my Sprout fanfic, inspired by several movies such as The Muppets and The Country Bears

Madeline Fretz - I was thinking - wouldn't it be great if there was a Sprout movie? I know Sprout wasn't popular enough to spawn its own movie, but a few nights ago I think I had a dream in which a Sprout movie was announced.

Last year, I wrote a Sprout fanfic inspired by the likes of The Muppets and The Country Bears, and a few nights ago posted commentary on said fic. The Muppets proved that if you want to reintroduce the public to an irrelevant but classic brand, make a movie. In the fic, I, along with my mom and Yo Gabba Gabba!'s Muno reunited the Sprout gang for a telethon to bring their shows back. To you, the plot may sound unnessecary, but to me that sounds like a great plot - even if you don't have to raise money. 

Now, I know its plot has been done many times, but my fanfic would make a great movie plot. Sprout may have been aimed at the Elmo in Grouchland/Barney's Great Adventure/Oogieloves set, but, as I said, if there's going to be a Sprout movie, make it a mix between Follow That Bird and The Muppets - make it a family movie with references to Sprout's past.

A Sprout movie can't be a Sprout movie without some of the old characters and hosts - as well as their performers. I'm friends with a few people who used to work at Sprout on Facebook, so I could probably ask or contact them to see if they want to get the old gang back together to make a Sprout movie. There may be a low chance for the movie, as what Sprout is now is a channel that airs three-hour marathons of the same shows, but I say "never say never."

Anyways, what do you think of that idea, and what are your ideas for a Sprout movie? There have been lots of movies based on kids' shows over the years and theatrical revivals of classic brands, so I'm up for a Sprout movie! How about you?

Click here to share your thoughts on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...