Saturday, January 15, 2022

When I Was a Sproutlet: Madeline "Maddie" Fretz

In 2014, SproutOnline.com had a Sunny Side Up Show "Host Corner" that had videos of and information about the show's hosts. The Host Corner had a series of articles called "When I Was a Sproutlet," in which the hosts would talk about their lives when they were little. As of today, I'm thinking of starting a similar series here on Parents and Kids Share Together. This new series works the same way as The Great Sprout Survey: the questions are at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UfoQDuYAqvh5nbSkDkLSvUKMiSNq5bJULBmFKuEw_Po/, write your answers to those questions on a seperate document and email them to me at @energeticjustinmaddiellabie@gmail.com, and I may post them here on the blog. Anyways, let's start with my own answers. Enjoy!

Answers from Madeline "Maddie" Fretz:

My first pets were

My family didn't have any pets back then and we still don't today.

I loved to eat

Lots of stuff, especially healthy stuff.

My nickname was

I don't remember. Maybe "Mads" (which my mom calls me even to this day). 

My favorite Sesame character was

Elmo, Ernie, and Cookie Monster, especially the latter. We carried those dolls of the three characters EVERYWHERE and watched Sesame DVDs nonstop. Ahh, those were the days!

My grandparents used to

I remember going to my grandparents' old house. A few years later (circa 2012?), they moved away and currently live in Williamsburg.

My favorite thing to wear was

When I was in preschool, I LOVED to wear a cute pink dress with polka dots.

I refused to go anywhere without

My white blanket, Baby Einstein, which I still have to this day. My Mom's friend Lisa made it for me, and I named it after a series of videos I watched as a little girl and am still a big fan of today.

I wanted to be a

My sisters and I would always play dress up, but I didn't know what I wanted to be. Maybe a Disney princess?

My most memorable birthday was

Over the years, my sisters and I would have themed birthday parties - Sesame Street (2nd), Dora the Explorer (3rd), Minnie Mouse (4th), Fun Bus (5th and 6th), Frozen (7th). Nowadays, I get Yo Gabba Gabba! and CBeebies presents since I'm a big fan of both brands.

When I was older, I got great grades in

Similarily, I won an award(?) for my science fair project in second grade, which used M&Ms and Gobstoppers. Does that count?

My favorite color was

Orange, and still to this day. We used to have this book about colors using pictures of my sisters and I and our favorite things. I wonder if we still have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...