Sunday, February 27, 2022

Posts You'll Never Read

 Madeline Fretz - I started Parents and Kids Share Together in 2020, and, with 352 posts and counting, it's still going strong. This blog is mainly a way to share photos, videos, stories, and memories of Sprout, and I have posted countless Sprout-related news, commentaries, and silly things, amongst others. Lemme tell ya, it's not easy being a Sprout fan with a blog - sometimes I run out of ideas, and sometimes I come up with new ways to talk about my childhood.

Image from 2020

Now, If you know me, you know that I'm largely hated by fellow children's television fans - I draw characters with stick arms and legs, I add false information to wikis, I constantly repeat my hatred for things, some of which have garnered critical acclaim, I pretend to hate things I'm secretly a fan of, and, most importantly, I rip things off, even from things I hate. Don't worry, I'm working on mostly all of those things now. In fact, when this blog started, I copied from other people. A lot of carbon copies if they were, that some of them I DELETED from this blog. Without further ado, here are some Parents and Kids Share Together posts you'll never read!

Has Sprout Been Gentrified?

In 2019, Tad Suiter wrote a post on both Current.org and his own blog about Sesame Street's history and, sadly, how "gentrified" the titular location was, compared the street to where he lives, and talked about how he shows classic seasons to his daughter. I liked the article so much, and seemed to miss the Sprout name so much, that I wrote an essay in middle school that was basically Suiter's article except more Sprout. I eventually adapted the essay as a post on this blog. In the post, I mentioned the fact that I watched Sprout as a little girl, talked about Sprout's history, and suggested that PBS, HiT Entertainment, Sesame Workshop, and Comcast, Sprout's four founders, come back together and form a new children's channel, but it wouldn't be the same one [as Sprout].

Children's shows and the trouble they've gotten into

Kids' shows over the years - they have gotten into quite serious trouble, haven't they? At the start of last year, I wrote about such controversies surrounding our beloved shows - these included not only the pictures you see above, but also things like Barney's hatred in the 90s, the banned episode of Peppa Pig, and Faith Evans' 2014 appearance on The Sunny Side Up Show. Something worth noting: I compared Caillou's constant whining to the likes of Mr. Rogers taking about death and Big Bird from Sesame Street learning that Mr. Hooper had died, and in the Nostalgia Critic's 2019 review of 1998's Barney's Great Adventure, he compared the fact that Barney is always happy, refuses to deal with negative emotions or believe they exist, to moments like the ones I listed above. Now, once I realized I was copying the tail end of my post from the Critic, I deleted the post, never for it to be seen again, although I did talk about Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street's serious issue talk in a recent post on this blog.

Noddy's Apple Car Delight in Welsh

On the worldwide web, there is a Welsh CBeebies website with branding from the 2002 website, and shows such as Bob the Builder and Tweenies. Now, upon first encountering the Welsh CBeebies, I pretended Sprout had a Welsh website as well, and posted a Welsh version of the Noddy's Apple Car delight recipe, which was basically the recipe from SproutOnline.com translated into Welsh. I realized this was fake, as was some of my other stuff, and deleted the post.

Sprout's Original Series


At the tail end of 2020, I wrote a post on this blog about original series that have aired on Sprout (Sprout Diner, The Many Adventures of Mr. Mailman, Noodle and Doodle, The Chica Show etc), and gave clever descriptions of each show. I said on the post that to see what a certain series (maybe Mr. Mailman?) was about, "go see for yourself!" Nowadays, I think that's dumb, so I deleted the post.

And there you have it. For reasons I listed above, you'll never get to read these three posts, but you know what I always say - I always come up with new and exciting ways to celebrate the works of my childhood here at Parents and Kids Share Together. Thanks for reading.

Click here to translate something on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...