Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Spring is Sprouting

Image from 2015

Madeline Fretz - As a young fan (around seven years old), I went on SproutOnline.com to play games, watch videos, and send in stuff (two things - I rarely watched the Sprout channel, and I was far too old for Sprout at the time, so I doubt my submissions ever got on). Sprout has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, but in 2015, we went to South Carolina for Spring Break, and I went on SproutOnline.com a lot on that trip, thus making me the Sprout fan I am today. During the "third generation" era, I drew a birthday card and tried to submit it to Sprout. So, yeah, SproutOnline.com was pretty fun when it lasted! 


Throughout its lifespan, the website was constantly being updated with new games, videos, and whatnot. Since spring is almost here, I decided to today talk about Spring is Sprouting, a campaign held by Sprout during the second generation. 

In 2012, Sprout launched Spring is Sprouting, describing the stunt as:

"Spring is Sprouting all month long on Sprout! Join us as we celebrate all of the new and fun things at SproutOnline.com."

Sprout would spend the first few weeks of spring launching new games, videos, and apps related to its programming and constantly promoted the additions. The week of March 20th, 2012 was "Videos Week," the week of March 22nd, 2013 was "Games Week," and the week of May 23rd was "Mobile Week."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...