Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Weekly Character Wednesdays: Mr. Mailman



Here's something new I'm trying out. Each Wednesday, I focus on a different Sprout character, talent, or executive in a series I like to call "Weekly Character/Talent/Executive Wednesdays." Don’t worry, this won't affect My Week. My Week will still keep going. I’m a big Muppet fan, so just as My Week was inspired by the Muppet fan site ToughPigs, Weekly Character Wednesdays is inspired by "Weekly Muppet Wednesdays" from former fansite The Muppet Mindset, which is now owned by ToughPigs.

Who will I focus on first? Well, first we're focusing on Sprout's resident postman - Mr. Mailman!

Image from YouTube

Mr. Mailman began on Sprout's The Birthday Show, in which he would tell the date and hand host Kevin Yamada the birthday cards.


In 2006, he was the star of Sprout's first original series, The Many Adventures of Mr. Mailman. In the series, he would deliver letters and packages to real kids' (animated) friends or family in different parts of the world. Despite the series' removal on TV in 2009, it still had a podcast on iTunes and episodes were available on the Sprout Player app.

Image from YouTube

In 2007, he moved to The Sunny Side Up Show when it premiered, and once again delivered cards to the hosts in the Sunshine Barn. Here, he rode a tractor, a double decker bus, and a helicopter. Mr. Mailman was dropped during the Sunny Side Up refresh in 2015.

Well, Sproutlets, that's all the time I have! Stay tuned for more Weekly Character Wednesdays in the coming Wednesdays! But I gotta catch a helicopter now! Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...