Monday, November 22, 2021

One Sleep to Go!

 


Madeline Fretz - Dear friends, today marks one more day until I release my long-anticipated Sprout fanfiction, appropriately titled Sprout, in the worldwide web. I decided to release it on the 23rd because that’s the tenth anniversary of The Muppets, the film that inspired most of this fanfic. It’s gonna be jam-packed with nostalgia and throwbacks to the days of Sprout, just you wait. I promise. It’s almost like a walk down memory lane!


Like I’ve always said, the story of the fanfic is loosely inspired by the "get the band back together" movies, which I’m the world's biggest fan of. But don’t worry, I’m still working on writing original fanfics, there’s a lot about this fanfic that’s original, and even though the sequel is a loose parody of Almost Famous, I hope it will have many original content. Like The Muppets, the story takes place at a time when Sprout is no longer a viable brand and the characters and hosts have disbanded for years, but it's up to one superfan girl and one idea to reunite the gang for one last show to bring their shows back and save their legacy. What jobs are they working at prior to getting back together? Read the fanfic tomorrow and find out! 

A picture I made of the "old gang," most of whom appears in what you’re going to read tomorrow.


This is by far the biggest Sprout project I’ve worked on ever, if not the biggest fanfiction I’ve written (yep, all of them are on FanFiction and to a lesser extent WattPad despite copying from other content I like, but remember what I always say - I’m still working on it). It’s safe to say that my world will be forever changed as of tomorrow.



Sure, (SPOLERS!!!) the Sprout gang sings covers of popular songs during the telethon, but they’re just doing it because I like the songs and knew they would suit the gang perfectly. What are they? Find out tomorrow! The film serves as a gift to everyone who worked at Sprout over the years - Andrew Beecham, Sandy Wax, Diana Kerekes, Betsy Oliphant-Ross, Jennifer Molod, Jenni Glenn, Meredith Halpern-Ranzer, Susan Karden, Frank Ciancio, Jim Multari, Melissa Myers, Shannon Carmody-Vacca, the list goes on and on. I’m sure they’ll love it!



We should also promote a lot of this fic. Tell fellow Sprout fans, tell your parents, tell your teachers, tell your dentist that I’ve written a big new Sprout story.



This fic is for the fans who’ve really wanted the Sprout name back or wanted NBCUniversal to do something with Sprout after all these years. After all, I, the creator and writer of this blog, was the one who came up with this story in the first place. If it weren’t for me, this story would’ve never been.


Sure, the fanfic is called Sprout, but I’m calling it "this fanfic" or "fic" here in order to avoid confusion. This fanfic is a showcase of my journey as a Sprout fan, this fanfic is dedicated to you, the fans, and how the world still loves these shows and characters.

Here we are gang, here we are in the future. I’m no longer my past self. Let’s thank everyone that was along for the journey - Michele Lepe, Stacia Newcomb, Milton Barnes, Ali Eisner, Kelly Vrooman, Kevin Yamada, Sean Roach, Dennisha Pratt, Liz Filios, Forrest Harding, Brendan Gawel, Julianne Buescher, Earl Fisher, Catherine Missal, etc. Thank you! Also to you, I would’ve never written this fanfic without you in mind. Never give up.


Click here to knee deep in the hoopla on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...