Sunday, January 2, 2022

Let's Grow: My old Sprout blog

 

Image from YouTube

Madeline Fretz - If you read my post about my life as the world's biggest Sprout fan, you know that I grew up with Sprout but became a fan in 2014/early 2015. In 2015, I discovered a Sprout fan YouTube channel called Let's Grow, which uploaded rare Sprout videos from Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, and clips from YouTube. Nowadays, I’m doing the same thing with my Playtime, All the Time: CBeebies Utopia channel. Apparently I liked the channel so much I started a Sprout blog also called Let's Grow, in 2016.

Like Parents and Kids Share Together, Let's Grow was named after the original Sprout slogan, and chronicled important things in Sprout's history like idents, old webseries, image spots, the Sprout Channel Cubby, the Snooze-a-Thon, and The Sunny Side Up Show. Here, I also shared my thoughts on certain stuff like the 2009 rebrand. I even started a petition to bring back the 2005 branding shortly before the launch of Universal Kids. If you read my blog, one thing you noticed is that I misspelled certain words, names, or phrases (i.e. Alfalfa is "Aldelpha"). I was nine in 2016, now I'm fourteen.

Anyways, 2016 was the only year I was on this blog, with the final post being about the sleepovers Gabi had on Sesame Street. After that, the blog would never be touched again, and I wonder if anyone still reads it. It wouldn’t be until 2020 I would start another Sprout fan blog, and that one is the one you're reading right now. Noticeably, back in 2020 and the years before it, I copied from other blogs and websites, something many people criticized me for. Nowadays, I mostly write original content.

I have mentioned Let's Grow several times here on Parents and Kids Share Together, such as here. I have always wanted to right about my previous blog on a post here, and now here I am. Man, being a Sprout fan still in elementary school was good.

Click here to write original content on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...