Saturday, January 1, 2022

Hopes for a Sprouterrific 2022!

 


Madeline Fretz - Well, it's 2022, Sproutlets! As a Sprout fan, I have lots of hopes for this year, and here they are!
Apple TV+ acquiring Sprout library and ordering new original series

I know I've been saying this for months now after the Yo Gabba Gabba! announcement. It’s unlikely it will ever happen, but I say never say never. This will give us a chance to see old and rare Sprout content we've never seen before, plus see new original content with some of the old gang back. Plus with that holiday message video, it feels like some of them really want the Sprout name back. NBCUniversal, Apple TV+, make that happen! Support the petition!

Sprout Reunion


A few Sprout people important to Sprout's history were in Steven's holiday message video this year, but weren’t together. This year I would love to see them reunited for a video chat or even a special or other content. Pratt, Filios, Gawel, Barnes, and Eisner weren’t in the video, so this would be a great chance to see them again. Everyone! 🎵 Together again, gee it’s good to be together again, I just can’t imagine that you’ve ever been gone, it’s not starting over, it’s just going on… 🎶

No one from Sprout dead

A lot of people I’m familiar with or have known for years died in 2021, so I hope no one from Sprout dies or passes away in 2022. It’s unlikely that will ever happen, since some of them are probably still young.

A start to filming the Sesame Street movie


The new Sesame Street movie with Anne Hathaway and Chance the Rapper is supposed to start filming this month, so I hope it happens. From what we have heard, this is going to be a movie about the Muppets getting lost in New York - a mix between Follow That Bird and the Muppet movies (the ones with Kermit's side of the family). This would give us a great chance to see behind-the-scenes pictures and more information about the movie. Sesame Workshop, make it happen!

A start to filming the Barney movie


Speaking of new Sprout show movies, it was announced in 2019 that Daniel Kaluuya of Get Out was making a movie starring the iconic purple dinosaur. I hope this movie is more Dora and the Lost City of Gold and less Barney's Great Adventure, Elmo in Grouchland, and Thomas and the Magic Railroad - a movie for people who grew up watching the show with references to the original show. If it happens, I’ll definitely go see it and will probably like it more than the original show. I wonder what this movie is going to be about and when it’s going to be shot…

Fanfiction

The Sprout team sleeping in hammocks after cleaning the theater.

As you probably know, I'm writing a sequel to my Sprout fanfic. While the latter was about getting the Sprout characters and hosts back together again since I wanted Apple TV+ to bring back Sprout, the former is about Nina and Star and Miles and Banjo touring with The Wiggles during Nina and Miles' anniversary trip to Los Angeles, and everyone else setting off to find them and bring them back home. I think I'll probably add adjustments and fix mistakes to my first fic. YouTube's Marcus Blackwell suggested I add a lullaby to the scene where everyone's sleeping in hammocks and rafters above the stage in the Dominion Energy Center, and Nina and I have a nighttime chat. Well, the scene does include the Goodnight Song and the Hush the Fish poem. 🙄

Another great year for Parents and Kids Share Together!
Most people hated 2020, and 2021 was a fairly decent year, especially for Parents and Kids Share Together. I hope 2022 is just as great for PAKST as the past two years were. Peace out (or should I say Peace Sprout?)!

Click here to have a great 2022 on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

2 comments:

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...