Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Sprout Fan Confessions

Image from YouTube

Madeline Fretz - Being a Sprout fan, I have thought many things were right that I learned were wrong years later, was scared of several things, and pretended to host my own Sprout-inspired children's shows. Here are some of my confessions. Again, like the previous My Life as a Sprout Fan and Sprout Memories posts, but only about the confessions.

  • I used to think Chica was a boy, even though her name is Chica. It wasn't until I watched a Chica Show promo I learned she was actually a girl. Despite this, Chica has been played by guys several times.
  • Now for a confession I’ve talked about a lot. I used to be afraid of The Sunny Side Up Show as a "Sproutlet" since they would have guest appearances from Sprout characters. I’m no longer afraid nowadays.
  • When I first saw Tim in the "We Try, We Don't Cry" music video on the Sprout Tunes section of the Games and Videos app, I assumed that was Sean despite the hair. You see, Tim Kubart and Sean Roach were two of the four male Sunny Side Up Show hosts along with Kevin Yamada and Darryl Williams. It didn’t take me long to embrace that it was Tim and not just a new Sean.
  • When I first saw a picture of Kevin and Chica on the original Sunny Side Up Show set, I assumed it was a UK version of the show even though Kelly and Sean were in the host picture on set. I assumed the host's name was Kevin, as that was the name of the host of the British version of Blue's Clues. It didn’t take me until I watched a Birthday Show video on YouTube to learn that I was right about his name, except that the set was the original. The UK never had their own Sprout, though they did and still do have similar series to Sprout's programming.
  • When I first saw the Sunny Side Up Show hosts, I assumed they were "farmers" given that the show took place in the Sunshine Barn in Sprout Farm.
  • Now for a confession about one of Sprout's original series, and its first full-length one - I originally thought that Noodle McNoodle, the puppet co-host of Noodle and Doodle, was named Jose. The puppet has eyelashes, so I assume it's a female.
  • I always assumed that after 9PM, when The Good Night Show ended its first nightly broadcast, the Snooze-a-Thon would come on. Years later, I was proved wrong. The Snooze-a-Thon, also known as Nina Sleeps, aired annually on Christmas Eve and was otherwise exclusive to on-demand, and The Good Night Show would air in two repeats at 9PM and midnight.
  • In 2015-2016, I pretended that The Good Night Show would be hosted by a new character named Min. Before PBS Kids Sprout TV Wiki, there was the Sprout wiki. NeptuneID13 founded the former because the latter was a false information wiki, and Min is still mentioned there, as well as a wiki for a fanmade Sprout show. There’s been a reason why Nina's been the Goodnight Guide since 2006, so letting her go would be ridiculous. 😉
  • I think I drew Sprout pictures in elementary school. No, I don’t think you can read them, and the drawings are a bit little kid-like.
Sprout also inspired me to pretend to host TV over the years, and here are the instances where I did.




  • Back in 2015, I was so obsessed with both Sprout and The Wiggles, that one time I "started" my own Sprout sequel channel called Sprout 2. You see, in the UK, Nickelodeon has a channel called Nick Jr. 2, which they often rebranded several times. One of the videos you see above is me hosting a promo for the pretend channel and singing "Sprout Around the Clock," the song The Wiggles sang in 2009 to promote Sprout's Wiggly Waffle.
  • As you found out in my Sprout Memories post, I made a Sunny Side Up Show audition video after watching Host Hunt audition videos from 2013. The first video is the one I’m talking about, and yes, it is a bit out of context.
  • Also in Sprout Memories, I mentioned hosting a Sunny Side Up Show-like morning show with a toy robot co-host.
  • In 2020, I returned to my Sprout fan roots by creating and hosting a Good Night Show fan series called The Good Night Show & Maddie, starring me and an OC of mine named Kaitlin McKreckson. McKreckson also appears in my Sprout fanfic, but only in silent cameos. I abandoned the concept shortly after I turned thirteen. This was inspired by the fact that Blue's Clues fans were hosting their own fanmade series on YouTube. Nowadays, many people are inspired by me and host their own Good Night Show series (such as Alison Clarke and James Fletcher).
So there you have it, some of my Sprout fan confessions. If I remember any others, I'll update this post. 

Click here to be played by guys several times on the Parents and Kids Share Together forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big news!

Madeline Fretz - Hi, Sproutlets. It's me, Maddie. Today, I have some news - since 2020, this site has been a part of Blogger/Blogspot. ...